Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help with mechanical design of a bracket in Catia V5

Hello,
Thank you in advance for your help.
I have a 3D bracket on which I need to create 12 holes as shown in the 2D drawing (6 on each face in the 3D view).
My problem is that in Catia, I can't create a sketch that allows me to position myself on each of the two views to make the holes. I've tried using positioned sketches, but I'm not succeeding.
Do you have any ideas or tips on how to position correctly in 3D to make the holes?
Thank you in advance.

3D.PNG
2D.PNG

First of all, CATIA sketches are 2D (planar). So you will probably need two sketches - one for each side of the bracket.

Also, either a Positioned Sketch or a Sliding Sketch will work. It doesn't matter for this part.

There are many ways you could add both sets of holes to this part. Here's how i would do it:
1. start with the L-shaped bracket as shown above
2. make a sketch on the back face of the bracket and add one Point for the center of the first hole. Constrain the Point with the horizontal and vertical distances from the edges of the face. Exit the sketch when done.
3. use the Hole Wizard to add the first counterbored hole on the back face.
4. use a Rectangular Pattern to duplicate the first hole and make the remaining 5 holes on the back face.
5. repeat steps 2 thru 4 on the bottom face of the bracket.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back